FOCUSED RIGHTEOUSNESS

Why is it that so many Christ-followers live sad and pessimistic lives? I don’t think they should be that way. They most assuredly would not be if they would always see how perfect they are in Christ. It was the prophet Jeremiah who proclaimed, “And this will be his name: 'The Lord Is Our Righteousness.'” (Jeremiah 23:6 KJV)

A Christ-follower can always find the greatest sense of peace and quiet, calm and comfort, when focused on the righteousness of Christ and not their situational status. They are so quick to think about how corrupt and depraved their hearts and lives feel. This is certainly true, but why park in the evil of the soul when just a little further up is the road of righteousness where Paul proclaims, in Colossians 1:28, that we are “perfect in Christ Jesus.”
Since Christ has done the hard work. He’s left no stone unturned concerning you through his covenant of grace. That even when you have distress and pain, even when you are assaulted by Satan from all sides, even if you haven’t experienced all your hopes and dreams this side of heaven you can rest assured you lack nothing because Christ has done it all for you.
Jesus said on the cross, "It is finished!" and if its finished by his word, then you are complete in Him, and can rejoice with unspeakable joy and be full of glory, “I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith.” (Philippians 3:9 NLT)
When, as a Christ-follower, you can say,” I live for Jesus, and in him alone do I place my trust for salvation. I believe that no matter how unworthy I may feel, I am still loved and saved in Jesus’ name.” It is then your constant motive to serve Him, be loved by Him, to live for Him, all because He saved you by His grace. You then can say along with Paul, “It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”  (Galatians 2:20 NKJV)
If you are continually dwelling upon your sin and corruption it’s no wonder that you wear the signs of a pessimistic life. Shake off those grave cloths and accessorize yourself in his righteousness. You will discover how optimistic your life will be. “For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God.” (Romans 10:4 NLT)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 80-20 Rule

FREEDOM’S PRICE

WALK THE TALK