WALK THIS WAY!


Isaiah spoke these words to the people of Zion a long, long time ago. “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, this is the way; walk in it” —Isaiah 30:21. This was a time long before the world could even dream about Global Positioning Systems. I have a GPS it is incorporated into the radio so it fits seamlessly into the dash of my pickup. The first time I used it and heard some female’s voice telling me to get ready to turn right, then left and then telling me I had arrived at my destination, I thought this is way too cool. If my grandfather could have slipped out of heaven and joined me in that truck, he would have said, “God is telling us where to go!”

God the Holy Spirit is your spiritual GPS. He is the voice behind you that says, “This is the way, walk in it.”  The Living Bible says it this way… “And if you leave God’s paths and go astray, you will hear a Voice behind you say, No, this is the way; walk here.”

It is so easy to leave God’s path. The distractions and attractions are everywhere, calling you to leave His path. I prayed with a man recently that had strayed from the right way and he had lost his way. But that Voice was speaking, he listened, and God, in His love, was present to give him direction. Our God is awesome!

God is always ready to give you directions. He longs for you to tune in to His voice and allow Him to direct you, and to show you the path of joy and victory. Our Heavenly Father never makes a mistake. He never says, “Sorry, I was wrong. Recalculating! Go back a block and turn left.” Never! It is an incredible thing to hear the Lord say, “This is the way; walk in it.”  Jesus wants to help you walk His path!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 80-20 Rule

FREEDOM’S PRICE

SIN-GUARD