NEED TO EXCHANGE


This past week, stores have been busy processing exchanges. This happens every year right after Christmas. But have you ever thought about spiritual exchanges? They are always in season. Jesus tells us in Matthew 11:28-30; “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Do you have anything that you need to exchange with God today? I know I do. Is there anything going on that is particularly burdensome? Then God wants to take your burden and exchange it with His presence. Here is a prayer that you can pray that will give you a better perspective.

Lord, away from the world and hidden from public view,
I exchange my weariness for Your strength,
I exchange my weakness for Your power,
I exchange my darkness for Your light,
I exchange my problems for Your solutions,
I exchange my burdens for Your freedom,
I exchange my frustrations for Your peace,
I exchange my turmoil for Your calm,
I exchange my hopes for Your promises,
I exchange my afflictions for Your balm of comfort,
I exchange my questions for Your answers,
I exchange my confusion for Yours knowledge,
I exchange my doubt for Your assurance,
I exchange my nothingness for Your awesomeness,
I exchange the temporal for the eternal,
I exchange the impossible for the possible,
I exchange my fear for Your love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 80-20 Rule

FREEDOM’S PRICE

WALK THE TALK