IT’S A MIRACLE


Have you ever heard someone say, “It’s a miracle!” Do you believe in miracles? I do. However, I don't believe that everything called a miracle really is a miracle. In fact, I've been frustrated more than once with someone who counterfeited a miracle. But miracles happen all around us every day. Though some miracles are super-natural; many others, like a sunset, the human body or the true love of a man and woman, are accepted as ordinary to the point that we hardly call them a miracle even though that's exactly what they are.

What is a miracle? A miracle makes an opening in the wall that separates this world and another. A miracle is a phenomenon, a hint of God's supernatural power inserted into history. A miracle is a situation that is unexplainable in terms of ordinary life.

There are at least thirty-five miracles performed by Christ recorded in the Bible. Miracles like: turning water into wine,  walking on water, healing the sick, multiplying loaves and fish, and the one that gets everyone’s attention,  raising the dead.

Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me? Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father." (John 10:31-32, 37-38)

Why did Christ perform so many miracles? Did he do it to persuade the people of his power or to solidify their faith? Did he do miracles to dramatically show that God took an interest in his creation? The answer is a simple "yes." Jesus performed miracles in order to give God glory. Perhaps the greatest miracle was the fact that Jesus (the Word) became flesh and dwelt among us. He is the visible expression of the invisible God.

You will find that God doesn't perform miracles at our every whim, but don't misjudge his power. Next time you are looking for a miracle in your life, don't forget, He is not a magician — but don't be surprised if His miracle is greater than you ever imagined.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 80-20 Rule

FREEDOM’S PRICE

WALK THE TALK