LOVE STATEMENTS

There are some significant messages that come in “three word” packages. These love statements contain the power to develop new friendships, deepen old ones, and restore broken ones. You can use these “three-word phrases” to enrich your relationships with a spouse, parent, child, or coworker:

“I’ll be there.”
  • When you are stranded and call a friend or family member, it is wonderful to hear, “I’ll be there.”
  • If a late night illness means taking a child to a hospital emergency room and you call on a friend to come and sit with other children, how wonderful to hear that friend respond, “I’ll be there.”
  • When there is a death in the family and you phone an old friend, the blow of grief is softened by the words, “I’ll be there.”
“I miss you.”
  • Paul expressed to Timothy, “Remembering your tears, I long to see you so that I may be filled with joy.” 2 Tim 1:4
  • It is a powerful affirmation that expresses, “you are needed, you are wanted, you are loved.”
“I appreciate you.”
  • “I thank God ... when I constantly remember you in my prayers night and day.” 2 Tim 1:3
  • Paul regularly expressed appreciation for those he served with.
“Maybe you’re right.”
  • “One who hardens his heart falls into trouble.” Proverbs 28:14
  • This phrase is effective in defusing arguments and restoring frayed emotions.

“Please forgive me.”
  • We all fail. God can heal broken relationships when we ask for forgiveness.
  • Alexander Pope, said, “A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.”
“I thank you.”
  • “Give thanks in everything, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thess 5:18 Gratitude is a wonderful form of courtesy.
  • People who enjoy the companionship of good, close friends are quick to thank their friends for their many expressions of kindness.
“Count on me.”
  • “Loyalty and faithfulness deliver a king; through loyalty he maintains his throne.” Prov 20:28
  • Loyalty is an essential ingredient for true friendship. It is the emotional glue that bonds people together.

These love statements can reduce and erase conflict and tension between friends. They will result in closer, warmer, and more intimate relationships. Give them a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 80-20 Rule

FREEDOM’S PRICE

Mask Off