AT EASE

The words of Jesus in Matthew 6 are so potent. They are challenging, confronting, and convicting to my soul. They are full of instruction always pointing to areas of correction.

Recently while reading Jesus’ words in The Message, the following lines jumped out at me starting at verse 25b: “There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.”

Those words literally stopped my reading. Time and again I’m anything but “careless in the care of God.” Could it be that you are too? Jesus lived at ease in His Father’s care. He told the disciples to feed the masses when there was almost no food. He slept peacefully in the boat during a violent storm. He never allowed circumstances to alter His trust in God!

Therefore, I confess anew:

I want to live in God’s constant care.

I want my trust in Him to be simple and sure.

I want God’s care of my life to control every single thing I do.

I want to stop forgetting that my God is bigger than my circumstances.

After Jesus told the disciples to seek God’s Kingdom first, he said: “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.” Jesus is Kingdom minded. He’s called us to the same and to trust Him while showing us how to go into the world as Kingdom members…AT EASE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 80-20 Rule

FREEDOM’S PRICE

Mask Off