HELP



Why is our nation disintegrating before our very eyes? Why are we seeing violence in our homes, in our schools, with our teenagers, and within our neighborhoods, like we have never seen before? Why does life have less value in America than it has ever had in its history? It is very simple. We have totally lost the fear of God in America. It is not even on the radar screen anymore. Totally!

In our nation today politicians fear public opinion and polls more than they fear God. Our teenagers fear the disapproval of their friends and unpopularity more than they fear God. People fear criticism and being accused of being intolerant and being politically incorrect more than they fear God. We fear cancer more than we fear God!

“Help, Lord, for the godly are fast disappearing! The faithful have vanished from the earth.” These are the supplicating words of David in Psalm 12. This prayer is so for today. It is short and to the point. As David mourned the fewness of God fearing men in his day we should be burdened with the same concern in our day. David came from the position of weakness. He realized he was powerless to correct the situation. Therefore, he lifted up his heart in prayer to his Creator because he failed and cried out—Help!

We like David need to get to the point with God when praying. The direct approach to the throne of the Most High should not be long rambling outpourings but straight-forward runs to the center of His heart. Clearly state your case with distinct words. Don’t beat around the bush about it.

“Help, Lord!”
Help me to be godly.
Help me to realize that my life doesn’t revolve around me but around you.
Help me to live my life with you and to live my life for you.
Help me Lord to disregard boasting and flattering speech just to voice what others want to hear.
Help me to love what you love and hate what you hate.
Help me Lord to always want to do whatever it is that you want me to do and not ever do what you don’t want me to do.
Help me to know you personally and fear you correctly.
Help me to fear you correctly and trust you completely.
Help me trust you completely and love you supremely.
Help me to love you supremely and obey you totally.
 In Jesus name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 80-20 Rule

FREEDOM’S PRICE

WALK THE TALK